Thursday, July 5, 2012

Alumni Football game Stanwood Iowa 2012

What better to do on a hot and I mean really hot late June day than to play football. While most would call it insane that's just what several alumni from the North Cedar and Tipton Iowa school districts did.

The game started off by the game ball being presented by the St Luke's Hospital Life Flight Team flying in the game ball and landing in the middle of the field. Not to many football games open that way and I was glad that they did not have to make a return trip for some of the players.



While it was hot it was great to be shooting football. I love shooting sports action anyway and what a great way to hone up on your skills than to be able to shoot a game this time of year. This game was also extra special as my son Nick was right beside me shooting his first football game.


While a lot of folks struggle to get there camera settings right to get some great shots most of the battle is in the timing of the action and being able to read what is going to happen before it does. For this game I set up my camera as follows. Shutter priority mode with a shutter speed of 1000. That way you are sure to freeze the action. Most of the night the camera stayed in an apature setting of around F 4.5 If it wanted to go smaller I went to manual mode and set the camera to F 2.8 and a shutter speed of 1000 if I had to adjust I upped or lowered my iso speed.


As you can see these guys weren't taking it easy on each other. If they were they forgot to tell no 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment